We all need more greens in our lives. Sometimes my clients get stuck on the same greens. It's important to change up your greens since our bodies need variety. This is my favorite kind of kale salad to make. Most don't know what to do with this tough bitter leaf. It's all about massaging it and relaxing it a bit. This salad is therapeutic to make. Take your aggression out on the kale and find your zen!
- 1 bunch kale any kind will do. I typically like the curly kind.
- 1 med chopped cucumber
- 1 med soft avocado
- 1/2 -1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil, avocado oil, mct oil
- himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Remove kale from stems. Rip or cut with your fingers. we are going to relax the kale before making the salad. This helps it break down the tough fibers and makes it more digestible.
- Add kale to a bowl of warm water for about 2 min. Drain the water out.
- Now it't time to massage the kale. add a pinch of sea salt and avocado to your salad. Massage the avocado with your hands into the kale. Next add lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. If 1T is too much for you add 1/2 T. I love mine very vinegary. Plus apple cider is very alkalyzing. Massage it all together.
- Add nutritional yeast. I add about 2T but again add less if that's what you like. But I think you will love the umami flavor it gives. Mix it in there good. Add chopped cucumbers
- Sprinkle the hemp seeds and sprinkle more nutritional yeast to the top. Add more salt to taste. Grab a fork and dig in! I sometimes eat it right out of the bowl.
This recipe will last in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just spruce it up a bit with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of oil.
Nutritional yeast- is an inactive yeast and ok for candida.
Share this Recipe