These cacao balls are filled with lots of love!! the minute you bite into one, you will fall in love and feel so happy!! Happy because chocolate truffles don't have to be bad for you. In-fact cacao is a superfood and is the #1 source of magnesium. It's important in balancing your brain chemistry, and is associated with happiness ! This recipe is inspired by my time in culinary school. These can be made sugar-free or with unrefined sugar. Share these with friends and loved ones!
- 3/4 cup cashew, almond butter for a nut free version use sunflower seed butter
- 10 drops stevia or 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 sea salt
- 1/3 cup grated cacao butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Blend all the wet ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Then add in the melted cacao butter. Add it slowly and stream it into the blender.
- Add the cacao powder a few tablespoons at time and blend on a low speed. Don't let it get to heated or it will separate. be very patient with the cacao and go slowly with it.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and put in fridge to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Roll them into balls as big or small as you like. You can add toppings to them such as coconut flakes, cacao powder, maca powder, nuts. one of my favorites is adding molden salt to it !! Yummy!!
- Store in freezer to keep it together. Will keep for a few months in freezer.(If they last that long) Pull out and enjoy within 10 min. Enjoy!!
Share this Recipe